Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The beginning....

Well, here it is. A creative blog. A documentation how-to blog. A photoshop tips and tricks blog.

Whatever you want to call it... here it is.

I am not sure exactly what I'll be putting on here. I might just share creative/artsy things I do. Or maybe post my scrapbook pages that I love. I will probably throw in some photoshop tutorials as I'm often asked how to do things in photoshop (although I will put it in writing here and now... I know just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to photoshop...).

The next few, or zillion, posts will probably be about scrapbooking, collages and layouts. Since we've been doing our monthly (or bi-montly) scrapbook nights, lots of my scrapbooking girlfriends have been asking me how I do my collages. I tried briefly explaining it and realized it'd be easier to just type up a tutorial. I hope that has proven to be helpful.

I also think it'd be fun to share some collages with everyone, as well as how I ended up using them on layouts. I'll post each of those separately, and since lately I've been using a lot of collages to get through events where I've taken a ton of pictures. Look out for those updates soon!

Well, I guess that's it for an intro. Welcome to Life is a Canvas.... making everyday life into art.

4 comments:

Emilie said...

I wish I had photoshop to try out all your new tips and trickS!!!

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

I am soo excited about this blog!! Thanks so much!

Jac said...

Nicole,

I have to ask....how do you convert your pics to black & white in photoshop? They always look amazing. Would you mind sharing some tips and tricks?

Thanks!

Heather said...

Nicole,
Thanks for all of your tips! I was wondering if you would mind sharing where you have your photos printed? I think you have mentioned Mpix before. I would like to have some photos I've taken printed to hang in my home, but am not too impressed with the quality of the prints from places like Shutterfly, etc. TIA!
Heather